Sunday, November 25, 2012

Fiction and the space between

Tonight I record these many thoughts. We set up the booth (a gorgeous booth at that) in the mall of Acadiana in Lafayette.  All week in the studio, I have been telling my assistants "this is the moment we've been waiting for".
With that said, its true.  The fourth quarter of the year is the time when we are the busiest. People come back every year loyally to get another piece.  I am grateful in realizing that there is some sort of satisfaction when others GIVE away my work...a feel good feeling or something..if that makes any sense at all.  Almost like, when you give away something and the person loves it so much, that it makes you feel just as good. THAT is what I appreciate most these days...its not about how many sales we make or how many people walk through my doors...Its about the love and support we get.  Its humbling actually.
All year long we organize, manage, we work, we create and we exchange ideas as a team, my dream team.   There are 8-10 of us on the Alexander Art Studio team. Most are angels that literally walked through my door and never left...loyal and honest and hard working...and part of the team.

But this week has been hard, it seems like I am in some kind of computer technology vortex or something. Email on a mac seemed to get a virus, the printers have acted strange...I mean even the iphone is all bogged down and stuff...all relating to being SO busy...and for this I find calm during this hurricane and I am grateful.  We waited nearly 2 months for the Iphone 5 cases to come in, only to find out the plates DO not fit on the rubber case...ugh.  BUT, we got it all taken care of and tonight i see the light, finally. Sigh.

Its nearly 1 am, and I still work in the studio.  I attempted to create a commission oil painting...until jazzman the cat decided to walk on it.  Orange footprints everywhere in the studio, lol.

Anyways, random thoughts tonight. If you read them, thank you..

C
fiction in the space

No comments:

Post a Comment